St. Patrick's Day Done Right Winchester KY
Michael's Arts Crafts
2309 Nicholasville Road
1953 Pavilion Way Hamburg Pavilio
Lexington Art League
209 Castlewood Dr
Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store
125 E Reynolds Rd, Ste 160
American Academy of Equine Art
3915 Jay Trump Rd
3130 Mapleleaf Dr Ste 105
Miller Fine Art & Framing
6355 Old Jacks Creek Rd
3479 Greentree Road
Prices and/or Promotions
Shumaker's Art Materials & Custom Framing
400 Old Vine St, Suite 103
3401 Nicholasville Rd
St. Patrick's Day Done Right
St. Patrick’s Day is such a fun holiday to celebrate no matter what age you are! Here are a few tips for using your scrapbooking skills to make your Irish celebration a success.
Take pictures of these photo ideas to help you remember your St. Patrick’s Day celebrations:
- St. Patrick’s Day parade entries or your family at the parade
- Your family or friends in their green attire
- An annual hunt for the leprechaun’s pot of gold
- Your St. Patrick’s Day party decor
- Your green/Irish St. Patrick’s Day dinner
St. Patrick’s Day with your Scrapbooking Supplies
Create fun party decor using the scrapbook supplies you have on hand!
While it’s fun to have supplies related to every holiday, sometimes you just don’t have everything on hand you would like. If you don’t have a shamrock punch or die cut handy, try using a standard heart die cut to create your party decor and favors! I used a heart from the Basic Shapes 1 design card for the Slice from Making Memories. Here’s how to assemble your shamrock:
1. Cut 3 hearts in a large size.
2. Cut 3 hearts in a small or medium size using a contrasting pattern from the paper used in step 1.
3. Adhere the large hearts together in a shamrock pattern.
4. Adhere the smaller hearts to form a shamrock on top of the large-heart shamrock.
5. Cut a stem from the large-heart patterned paper and adhere to the shamrock.
Use your shamrock skills to spruce up your party decor with your scrapbook supplies!
- Make multiple shamrocks of varying sizes to cover your table for décor.
- Include small shamrocks on napkin holders, place cards and favors.
- Make a garland out of varying sizes of shamrocks to hang for your party.
Appeared in: March 2009
Click here to read the rest of the article from Creating Keepsakes