Tips & Tricks for May Schaumburg IL
Clutter Free Consignment and Resale
Town Square Shopping Center
NEXUS DEFENDERS FOR DISABLED MEN
1301 W. ASHLAND AVE
DES PLAINES, IL
Prices and/or Promotions
WOOL AND COMPANY/SIMPLE GIFTS
107A West Main Street
Michael'S Arts & Crafts
2768 Aurora Ave
Leonard Auction, Inc.
1765 Cortland Ct., Ste. D
KEY Estate Sales - Chicago IL Estate Sales
38W207 Oak Drive
St. Charles, IL
The Painting Lady 1 Art Studio
804 Roundabout Court
West Dundee, IL
Art & Frame Naperville
702 W 5th Ave
Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store
526 S Route 59
Tips & Tricks for May
The Tips & Tricks column in the May 2009 issue of Creating Keepsakes shared how to create chic shoe accents and paper shoes, generate a colorful backdrop in seconds, make alcohol-ink leaves and more. Following are additional details not found in the magazine!
Create a Cute Purse Look
May's the perfect time to say "thanks" to Mom or a friend, and what better way to slip her candy or a note than in a paper-purse design she will love? Here's how Paula Hogan, a designer for Stampin' Up!, created this appealing look with the company's supplies.
Purse Holder by Paula Hogan for Stampin' Up!. Supplies Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Pink Pirouette and Very Vanilla (all textured) and Close to Cocoa; Patterned paper: Candy Lane Designer Series, Certainly Celery Patterns and Pink Pirouette Patterns Designer Series; Stamps: Eastern Blooms; Ink: Close to Cocoa Classic and Pink Pirouette Classic; Ribbon: Pink Pirouette 5/8" striped grosgrain and Pretty in Pink 3/8" taffeta; Rub-ons: Bright Delight and Many Occasions; Die-cutting machine: Sizzix Big Shot for Stampin' Up!; Dies: Bag w/Scallops Bigz XL, Beautiful Butterflies Bigz, Matchbox Bigz XL, Naturally Serif Sizzlits Decorative Strip and Scallop Circle #2 Bigz; Other: 1/4" circle punch, button latte and crochet thread.
To create the purse holder:
1. Cut purse box from Pink Pirouette textured cardstock using a Big Shot machine and Bag w/Scallops Bigz XL die.
2. Stamp branch image in Pink Pirouette ink on front of bag and apply rub-on image using wooden applicator included in packaging. Assemble bag.
3. Cut butterflies from Candy Lane Designer Series paper using Big Shot machine and Butterflies die. Tie two small butterflies together using crochet thread; adhere to bag.
4. Punch hole in each side of bag using 1/4" circle punch. Tie Pink Pirouette grosgrain ribbon through each hole to form a handle.
5. Tie crochet thread through holes of button; adhere to bag.
Appeared in: May 2009 « Prev 1 2 3 Next »
Click here to read the rest of the article from Creating Keepsakes